How to submit your Demo Submissions:
All content that you provide through the Demo Submission period set forth in this Section (“Round 2”) will be referred to as your “Demo Submission.” During Round 2, each Finalist will have the opportunity to create a Demo App/Demo Apps that is/are generally consistent with his/her Accepted Idea Submission(s). To develop and submit your Demo Submission, each Finalist must take the steps set forth below and submit the Demo Submission during Round 2.
To submit a Demo Submission, each Finalist must visit the Entry Site through which the Finalist submitted its Accepted Idea Submission and follow the presented prompts to upload the Finalist’s Demo Submission. [Please note that, while at this Entry Site, Finalist will be uploading its Demo Submission directly to Administrator’s server located in the United States.] A Finalist's text and voice responses must be provided in the language used on the Applicable Participating Partner Entry Site or English.
1. Create a Demo App that demonstrates your Accepted Idea Submission and which must run on the intended Platform (i.e., AIO or Tablet) including, but not limited to, the Windows 8 operating system.
Please note: Finalists may use programming aides and tools ("Programming Tools") defined as tools and engines required to write the code and interface with the creative assets ("Assets") that are used only to enhance the look and feel of the Demo App that he/she has not personally created, with the following caveats: Finalists must have all the necessary rights to use any such Programming Tools and Assets in this Contest, and the terms and conditions or licensing agreements associated with Programming Tools and Assets must allow Finalist to grant all rights set forth in this Official Rules.
2. Follow the prompts at the Entry Site to add the following items to one folder that will be zipped up and transmitted to the Administrator’s servers:
- a Readmetext file with complete directions on use of the Demo App, installation instructions, a specific step-by-step walk-through, and any application dependencies, if applicable;
- an executable application file or software package for your Demo App that has distinct application files and supporting files/data and dependencies. No other steps can be required to install and run the application;
- Image/(s) that helps demonstrate the functionality of the Demo App; Upload a Zip file containing all the images of your built Demo app and
- an unlisted link (if available) to (and/or upload) a video to a designated video upload site (such as YouTube or YouKu) that complements your written proposal and describes yourself and your Demo App functionality, compelling user experience and innovations. (See, e.g., https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/157177?hl=en for details on how to set-up an unlisted link.)
Videos posted on a designated video upload site must comply with all of the terms, conditions and requirements of such site. All videos must also comply with the technical, creative, and legal requirements set forth in these Official Rules. All videos must be in the language used on the Applicable Participating Partner Entry Site or English, be no longer than five (5) minutes in length, and must be submitted in one of the formats as required by Sponsor and/or the designated video upload site.